We are delighted to announce that Lillybrook has been awarded the David Bellamy Gold conservation award for our continued efforts to preserve and promote our local wildlife and green areas.
Lillybrook was presented with the David Bellamy Silver Conservation Award back in 2010 and since then have been striving to achieve the Gold award, so it is with great pleasure and satisfaction that we receive such a prestigious accolade.
We have always tried to ensure that there have been a plethora of trees and green areas dotted around our parks. We must thank the David Bellamy Assessment Team for their helpful suggestions on how to improve our Park when they last visited in 2010. We have since implemented these ideas which have been recognised by the David Bellamy Assessment Team in awarding us the Gold conservation award.
The residents’ gardens have also had a contribution in us being awarded the gold certificate, with some truly stunning displays on show. We would like to thank residents for the time and effort they have spent on their gardens.
The Assessment Team also appreciated our recycling efforts, for example:
• Our recycling of concrete bases
• Our designated recycling bin area.
• Our new Eco Homes which contain environmental features such as:
1. A rainwater harvesting system.
2. Very high levels of insulation
3. Air source heat pump rather than fossil fuels (Oil or LPG) to heat homes via radiators.